Friday, March 23, 2012

Pleasant Surprise

OMG!  It's finally here!  The moment we have all been waiting for!  Spring Break!  It was so hard to come back to school today after our field trip yesterday (We finally got to go see The Lorax and go to the park, after it had been cancelled because of the severe weather a couple of weeks ago!).  It felt like a Friday all day yesterday, and so to come back today, the day before Spring Break, well let's just say it was hard and loooooooooong difficult. 

I definitely hopped aboard the struggle bus to school today.  All morning I kept counting down the minutes until the end of the day.  Then something AMAZING happened, a pleasant surprise if you will.  A couple of the other aides told me that they decided they were going to take a half day and leave after lunch.  What!?!? We can do that???? Count me in!  So I hopped right off that struggle bus and jumped right on the "taking a half day" boat.  

Well of course since we all left school early and at the same time, we had to go to lunch together!  So we went to lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise, which was perfect because I was really craving a drink as big as my head a nice glass of water.  

See the water in the corner of the picture?...Mmmm so yummy, just what I was wanting.

I felt really guilty leaving unplanned during the middle of the day, but it was well worth it!  I don't even think I would be home yet had I not left early! 

We don't fly out until Sunday and thank God for that because I still have so much to do!  I have to: do all my laundry,  do the dishes (that includes going to Wal-Mart to get more dishwashing detergent so that I can wash the dishes), get my oil changed (I am really trying to be better about that since I got my new car), tan (so I don't get scorched on SB), buy a new swimsuit (since the top of my new one is backordered- I only have the bottoms, top-less sunbathing anyone? Not for this girl!), pack (a.k.a. try to fit everything into one 45in suitcase that I can carry on, and fit all my hair products into a small quart sized bag, yikes!), and last but not least pick up a pizza (I have a groupon that I have to use before it expires).  Phew!

Now I just have to get through 6 hours of receptionist duties tomorrow, and then I will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Until tomorrow friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs