Here were my goals from last week:
1. Fix my Cricut. My Cricut has been out of commission since November. I tried to update it so I could use one of my new cartridges, and it wouldn't update, so I thought, "Oh well, I will just use a different cartridge and update it later." My Cricut didn't like that at all, so it just quit working altogether. This is especially frustrating because their service department is only open 7AM- 6PM Monday- Friday. Don't they know that people are working then!?! I am beyond annoyed with the whole situation!
Here's how this situation turned out (it's turning into a saga):
I called on Monday after school, the girl said it was because of my antivirus software. She fixed it. It still didn't work. She said it was because I have Windows 8. She fixed it. It still didn't work. By this time it is taking all the effort I can muster not to say bad words to her (I know it's not her fault but it's still SO frustrating). The Cricut started saying that it could not be detected. The girl thought it was because my USB cord was broken.
I had to go to my workout class, so I said I would buy a new cord and try that, then call back. I bought in a new cord, it said that the Cricut was detected but not responding! Errrrr!
By this time I am thinking that the only way I can fix my Cricut is to throw it against the wall. I called back on Wednesday immediately after school (remember they have weird daytime only hours that do not cater to working people). The lady tried to help me restore it, but it wouldn't restore, so she put an IT guy on the phone, Matt. Matt was nice. We shared my computer screen and he did everything for me. I liked that. He restored it. It seemed to be working (I don't know what he did different from everyone else). So we hung up, and I gave him a phone hug.
I went to use it. The touch screen worked now, which was an improvement from before at least. It could cut images that were already loaded on to the Cricut, but any cartridge I tried to use said I needed to update my Cricut for this cartridge to work. HELLLOOOO??? That's what I just did. So here I am a week later, and my Cricut STILL isn't working.
Since my Cricut and I have spent so much time together over the last week, I decided to name it. Her name is now Carol. Carol is kind of a bitch.
Needless to say, this was a big fat FAIL.
2. Schedule at least 3 blog posts. I'm going to count this. I only scheduled two posts, but I wrote the third one, I just didn't schedule it.
3. Stick to my healthy/clean eating for two entire days. Ehhhhh I was really close, but now close enough to feel good about by eating for the day.
4. Eat healthy on the weekends. I did better than usual this weekend. We ate out a couple of times, but I never finished my meal, and I don't feel like I over-ate. That's a success to me!
5. Write in my devotional journal at least 3 days a week. I'll raise your 3 days and make it 5 days! I did it every day of the week last week!
Here are my goals for this week:
1. Fix Carol. (For real this time)
2. Put Christmas boxes away. They were outside, but I had to bring them in because it was flooding!
3. Get bulletin boards done in my classroom. This is all depending on Carol.
4. Cook at least two meals. I have not been doing very well on my cooking lately.
5. Stick to my healthy/clean eating for two entire days. Trying again.
I'll let ya know how I do next week!