Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!

Have you noticed my absence?
 
Did you even miss me?
 
I came down with the sickness. 
 
The bug that has been going around at school.  It was like the flu, only mine came with as AWFUL headache.  Luckily it was on a Sunday, and only lasted 24-ish hours.  But that certainly explains why I was SO tired last week.  I didn't think I was going to make it!
 
But I am back, and I am feeling better, not 100%, but better!
 
Have you been outside? 
 
It feels awesome! 
 
Yesterday morning it was 40 degrees!  That's cold enough for a sweatshirt! 
 
(Don't get me wrong, I LOVE warm weather...but this summer was so hot, cool weather is nice for a change!)  Ask me if I still like it come November!
 
I rang in the fall season babysitting my favorite kiddos on Saturday night.  We made witch hat cookies, and did a Halloween painting craft.
 
 
The witch hat cookies were an upside down fudge stripe cookie, a squirt of orange icing, and a Hershey kiss on top.  So cute!  Although the picture I saw on Pinterest looks way better than mine.
 

 
For the craft I painted their feet like candy corn, and had them step on a piece of paper.  Then I wrote "Trick or Treat smell my feet!" along the side.  It was a lot more work than I intended.  After painting their feet, I had to carry them over to the sink, wash and dry their feet off, pick them up again to put them back down on the floor, only to realize I missed a spot of paint on the bottom of one foot, wipe up the floor, put them back up on the counter, wash their feet again.....you get the picture.  There was a lot of heavy lifting and moderate wiping of the floor.
 
Thanks Pinterest for providing me with ideas for a night filled with kid friendly fall fun.  :-)

Unfortunately, neither of those things were on my fall bucket list...whomp whomp.

But I do kind of, sort of get to cross one thing off.
 
Elyse's Fall Bucket List 2012
1. Go on a nature walk (take the camera!)
2. Bake apple dumplings.
3. Eat caramel apples.
4. Bake yummy pies.
5. Drink hot chocolate.
6. Go to a football game.
7. Go to a soccer game. (My family is definitely a soccer family)
8. Make chocolate chip pumpkin bread.
9. Paint and decorate pumpkins.
10. Have a bonfire with s'mores.
11. Go to the Fall Festival. (That's a big one here).
12. Have friends over for chili.
13. Drink apple cider. Maybe spiked? Hehe
14. Try a new fall recipe from Pinterest.
15. Make a fall wreath.
16. Wear a fall scarf.
17. Get out and wear fall boots.
18. Count my blessings and give thanks.

My mom made chocolate chip pumpkin bread, and I ate it.  That counts right? And I don't have to make it! 
 
 Other things are in the works as we speak.

Have a great week!

And Happy Fall Y'all!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs