Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Bucket List

Oh my goodness!  Where has the time gone!?!  There are 7 days until Christmas and I have not even done anything with my Holiday Bucket List.  With my new job getting ready to start, I have been getting things ready to move to a new school, while getting everything together for my sub as well.  Not to mention I had the flu yesterday which I haven't had since I was about 8 years old.  I don't have one present wrapped!  I am not even done with my presents! Ahhh! 
 
Luckily I have been able to mark off a few things off my bucket list by pure coincidence. 

Source: google.com via Mcp on Pinterest
Elyse's Holiday Bucket List 2012
1. Watch Christmas movies.
2. Make Christmas cookies.
3. Shop til I drop.
4. Look at Christmas lights.
5. Listen to Christmas music.
5. Play in the snow (if it snows).
6. Read Christmas stories.
7. Do something nice for someone.
8. Make crafty Christmas things.
9. Drink peppermint hot chocolate.
10. Spend time with family.
11. Wrap presents.
12. Try a new Christmas recipe.
13. Drink Christmas cocktails.



1. Watch Christmas movies.

Two weekends ago, we took all of the decor off of the big wall in our living room, turned the couch around, and watched Christmas movies on our projector.  We watched some old clay-mation movies, like Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph, and the old Frosty movie. 


We also watched A Christmas Carol, which I love.  It was about 5 hours of movie watching fun!  I still want to watch The Holiday and Elf, but we couldn't fit them in that night.

9. Drink peppermint hot chocolate.

While having our movie night, I made myself some lovely peppermint coffee/ hot chocolate in my new mug.


 I combined 3 cups of peppermint flavored coffee with 2 TBS. of peppermint mocha creamer, and a pack of regular hot chocolate, and I topped it off with some peppermint marshmallows.  It was delish!
 
2. Make Christmas cookies.
5. Listen to Christmas music.

On Sunday my mom, sister, and I had our annual session on Christmas cookie baking.  We made 9 (9!) different kinds of cookies.  Fortunately for me, I didn't eat too many because I wasn't feeling well and came down with the flu shortly after. 





We did all of this while listening to Christmas music!  Love Pandora! Love Josh Groban and Michael Buble!  And I love that we remembered that bowl trick! (Where you put your phone speakers down into a ceramic bowl, who needs an iHome when you have a bowl!?!)

That's all for now!  I have 7 days to finish the rest!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs