Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Settlings

Two days of school left!

Today is the last Friday of the school year, and all of a sudden, I feel like there is a lot of "good enough"-s and "I guess"-es  happening on my part. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just starting to slooooooow down.


First one:

I was on my way to school today with every intention of going to the bank to deposit a check in the ATM and then stop by Starbucks along the way.  I didn't go to the bank, and I got coffee at the gas station.  Settling. 



Number Two:

I did not wear ANY makeup to school today.  YIKES!  I have NEVER not worn makeup to school, but we went on an outdoor field trip today, and I figured I would be wearing my sunglasses all day anyway (Or anyways.  I'm not really sure of the correct use of the word in this statement.)  I just hid in my room under my desk until we left, so no one would see me. 

Just kidding.  But really, I did stay in my room.

I was wondering how many kids would tell me that I looked sick or weird or "exhausted" as one student told me me last week (And I was wearing makeup then!).  Everyone likes to hear that!  I only had one girl tell me that I looked tired today, which I was so HA!


Numero Tres:

Speaking of field trips, we were supposed to be going to a local splash park today, but something at the splash park was broken (The shell of a turtle fountain, which I imagined to be really large, like the size of a mid-size sedan, but when we got there it was actually about the size of a shoe.  Or really like the tire of mid-size sedan.  Whatever.  It was small and it shouldn't have mattered.  Anyways....) so we weren't allowed to go. 

We settled for a day at the park there, and we were going to let the kids play on the playground.  When we got to the park/playground/broken splash park, there was a tractor/back-hoe/digger thing digging up all around the playground and swings.  

Whomp. Whomp. Whomp.

 There went that idea.

So we re-located to an entirely different town, with an entirely different park, and an entirely different playground.  And four other entirely different schools....

But it ended up working out great, we all staggered lunch/ play time, and the kids had fun so that's all that matters!  Good enough!!!


"Settlement" Four:

My mom and sister left for a weekend at Kentucky Lake for the weekend, and I am soooo jealous!  The boy and I went on a houseboat trip last summer with a bunch of our friends.  Another boating trip is in the works for the end of June, but I'm not completely confident that it's going to happen.  As for this weekend, I settle for pizza and a movie with the boy, and soaking up the sun by the pool. :-)



And my last settlement of the day:

I was going to post this this morning, but I'm just now getting to it. 

Good enough!

All sarcasm aside though, this really WAS a good day.  :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs