Friday, January 24, 2014

5 on Friday

There are two things I am wondering today:
 
1.  Why is it not pay day?  I am needing that to happen.
 
2.  Why did I not sleep last night?  Perhaps I am too hyped up.  I feel wired, like anxiety wired.  Maybe because it's the 100th day of school.  Maybe it's because I have a good weekend ahead of me.  Or maybe, just maybe, I ate spicy food right before I went to bed.  Is that a thing?
 
Whatever it is, I hope it goes away.  It's cramping my style.
 
I'm linking up for 5 on Friday!
 
 
 
1.  It's the 100th Day of school! 
 
You know what that means?!
 
Nothing for the art teacher.  Kindergarten wears cute little 100th day shirts.  First grade wears cute little hats decorated with 100 things.  Fifth grade dresses up like they are 100 years old....and the art teacher?  She wears jeans and attempts to do a bubblegum machine project with Kindergarten that doesn't even work out because they can't count to 100 yet.  It's kind of hard to make 100 gumballs when you can't count to 100.  Duh Elyse.
 
This is what it is supposed to look like.
 
 
2.  I went to a painting party last night.  It was so fun, and I cannot stop thinking about how it would be my dream to have a company like this!   Maybe that's why I couldn't sleep!  Seriously, this lady is a teacher, and she does these parties in her basement, which has basically been transformed into a giant craft room.  I was dying.  And floating up to heaven. 
 
 I tried to take pictures without being creepy.
 







(Just look at all that ribbon on the wall)


 
Thanks to my friend Katie for inviting me!!!
 
3.  Speaking of craft rooms, my new rug came for my craft room...which means I can finally put the whole thing together!  I can't wait to show you!
 
4.  Kelly and I are having an anniversary re-do date tomorrow night.  We spent our actual anniversary driving up to his mom's on the weekend before Christmas.  We kind of went to the movies (and I got called mean names by a lady...Did I forget to tell you about that traumatizing experience???) and ate Mexican food, but I didn't give him his anniversary gift because it just felt rushed. 
 
I am taking him to a restaurant that I have really been wanting to try! Commonwealth Kitchen and Bar.   I'll let you know how it is!
 
5.  It's Friday, which means I can finally have some wine!  Even though I may have had some last night while painting...and a beer at Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards.  Don't judge me.
 
HAPPY FRIDAY!
 
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy 100th day and anniversary re-do!
The painting class looks like it was a ton of fun! I've always wanted to do one of those wine and paint classes but never have.

Holly said...

That painting is cute! I'm so with you on it needing to be payday!

Have a great weekend!

Katie @ Tales of a Twenty-Something Hipster said...

Oh my gosh! That painting party looks awesome!!! I'm dying to have a craft room, at this point I'd settle for a craft closet. haha

And why isn't everyday payday, that's the real question.
I'm so excited for 100s day (ours is feb. 6)! I love that you incorporated it in the art room!

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs