Monday, January 13, 2014

Vacation Planning- this is not a how-to

Don't be looking to this post for good advice.  I am the one needing advice here.  Vacation planning.  Something I have never really had to do by myself.  Finding flights, finding a hotel, not having to give them your first born child.  It's very stressful to me.
 
I spent the majority of my day yesterday researching places to go for Spring Break, and I just can't find anything that I am in love with that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  I'm not trying to spend a ton of money...money that could be used for other important life events that may or may not be happening sometime in the near future. 
 
I want to go somewhere different.  Somewhere that we have never been. 
 
At first I wanted to go to San Francisco for a few days, but then I decided that San Francisco in March would probably not have ideal Spring Break weather, which I decided is something that I want.  And it's pretty far away from little Indiana. 
 
Then we talked about going on a cruise.  I'm not going to lie, going on a cruise was never something that sounded appealing to me.  Buffets, stage shows, small rooms, it just doesn't sound like my thing, not to mention the diseases you always hear about people getting on the news.  Yuck.  But I decided to look into it because it could take us somewhere sunny and warm that we have never been.  And there are cocktails.  That is an important factor.
 
Then I started researching travel deals on Groupon to Cancun and the Dominican Republic.  They were great deals for all-inclusive resorts, but it was going to be about $1,000 for each of us, and you had to fly out of certain areas, meaning we would have to pay for additional airfare to get to those airports. 
 
So now I am stuck and taking suggestions because I can't find anything that I am in love with.  Where do you like to go for a warm-weather vacation?  Help!
 
 


5 comments:

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Hands down traveling to the Caribbean to an all-inclusive or cruising is WAY cheaper than traveling domestically. Hotels are much cheaper and your meals are all included. We have found we get way more bang for our buck outside of the U.S.

And do not do not do NOT write off cruising. My favorite way to travel... LOVE cruising! I've never "caught a disease" and I've been on 4 cruises and my husband has been on 8. Always book a balcony stateroom, it's a much bigger room with a seating area, plus you have your own private balcony which is great for having room service delivered and enjoying breakfast on.

We went to Punta Cana last year and only spent $800 per person which included flights, airport transfers, and our stay at an all-inclusive (which meant all meals, drinks, and tips were included as well). We stayed in an adults only section and even had our own butler :)

If you have any questions, please let me know and check out my travel tab at the top of my blog for reviews/pics of recent trips.

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

P.S. I've been all over the Caribbean and even honeymooned in Fiji and my top 2 favorite beach vacations were Cancun and Punta Cana ;-)

Elle Hattan said...

I'm with Kate, cruising or going out of the United States can be done 'cheaply'. If you wanted to stay in the States, I recommend Vegas or southern Florida. I live in Vegas so I'm a little biased, but we have great weather, cheap hotels, and you can either lounge by the pools or be inside and gamble/people watch/drink.

Plus we could always meet up and that would be a super fun time :)

Holly said...

Cruise! I never thought I would want to go on one either but we went on one for our honeymoon and it was awesome! There are so many places to eat on ship that if you don't want to go to the buffet or do the group dining option, you don't have to. It's a great and inexpensive way to see a lot of places too. Cruisecritic.com is a great place to start to get the most out of a cruise.

Or, you could go to Bermuda. That's my next vacation destination for just A and I :-)

John said...

Good blogging over vacation planning ..

John Phanchalad at JP Digital Tech have a very good track record in digital media marketing. For more you can visit on http://jpdigitaltech.com

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs