Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday everyone! This Wednesday I'm linking up with Jamie @ This Kind of Love for What I'm Loving Wednesday and  Michelle @ The Vintage Apple for Oh So Pinteresting Wednesday! Oh and this is your "Super-Long Post" warning.  I am loving a lot of things today!

 

Here is what I am loving today:

I am loving the smell of fresh cut grass! (However sneezy it might make me!)  The grass was being mowed outside of our classroom yesterday, and it smelled so good!  The grass was also being mowed outside my bedroom window yesterday while I was trying to take a nap :-) (I wasn't loving that quite so much, but I'll take it).

I am loving that Spring Break is only two days away!  Hooray!

I am loving that I got to use my grill on Monday for the first time this spring!  I love grilled food...it tastes yummy and is still good for you! I am loving these grilling recipes I found on Pinterest:

Click on the pics to get the recipe.
Key West Lime Grilled Chicken

Grilled Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin

Sweet and Spicy Honey Grilled Shrimp

Cheesy Grilled Potatoes

7-Up Grilled Chicken
Ok that was a lot of recipes, but I just really love grilling!
Here are some teaching ideas that I am loving this week:
Click on the pics for the link.
This is a Tattle Jar.  When a student feels the urge to tattle, they write it down on a small piece of paper and put it in the jar.  That way, you don't have kids coming up to you 1,000,000 times a day tattling.  This would be great for my kiddos if they could write sentences quickly.  I feel like it might take them to long to try to write it all down.  (But a good idea none-the-less!)

I found these awesome cards that I am going to use for reading groups (as soon as I get them printed out)!  The students draw a card and the card tells them a type of voice to use in their story (robot, farmer, monster, etc.)  There are also cards that tell an action to do while reading (jumping jacks, basketball moves, etc.)  Isn't that so fun?!?!?


Here are some things that I am just plain loving!!!


I am currently re-reading this in preparation for the movie!  I am hoping to get to see it while we are in Orlando over Spring Break!

This is one of my favorite movie quotes (if not my most)!  Kelly gets so annoyed everytime we watch Sweet Home Alabama because I always finish this line (And I have to say it in that Southern Alabama accent).  But now that I think about it, maybe he is just more annoyed about the fact that he is watching Sweet Home Alabama. haha 

Ok seriously my brother, sister, and I used to do this all the time, and it was the best game ever!  We would even set up extra chairs in the living just to make sure we wouldn't touch the floor!  LOVE!

Ok and this is it I promise!

I am not one for inspirational quotes, but I feel like this one is soooo me, and it kind of goes with the whole "I am loving a lot of things today" theme I have going on right now!  My life is not always peachy-keen, but I choose to make the most of it and stay positive!  I am always usually in a good mood because I make myself be in a good mood.  I choose to be that way because, well, life is just better when you are happy!

And as always, I am loving my life with a cherry on top!


Phew! Now it's over and you can go on with your life!  Like I said, I am loving a lot of things today, but that just means I am HAPPY! :-)

What are you guys loving on this Wednesday?

















9 comments:

Ginny said...

Hopped on over from Jamie's WILW - love your pins and I love the idea of the tattle jar. I need one of those in my house for my son and husband...haha. New follower to your blog!

www.ginnybrumback.blogspot.com

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

I'm in Florida and should grill way more than we do since we can! I need that Key West chicken in my life, lol. And I blogged about Hgs today too; cannot wait to see! New follower :)

Victoria said...

those chicken recipes looks delicious!!

i laughed when i read about the "lava" game, so true though.

sweet home alabama is one of my favorite movies;i love reese witherspoon AND the sexy josh lucas!

cute blog!

Kit said...

I can't wait for my husband to break out our grill!

Heather (GurleeGirrl) said...

Loving all the food pics! I love to eat :)

Already have my ticket for The Hunger Games - I'm dying.

Clicked over from WILW.

New follower :)

www.cutiepatootie91.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love your pins and quotes. I am also soo excited for the Hunger Games to come out. I found this quote on pinterest yesterday "I work out because I know I would've been the first to die in the Hunger Games". I am one of your newest followers and I have awarded you with the Lovely Blog Award. Hop on over to my blog to check it out!

Amy
The Crazy Adventures of a University Graduate

jas said...

those recipes look incredible!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

Loving the food pins and I also adore the smell of freshly cut grass!
~Anne

Nicole said...

holycrudola. all that food looks beyond amazing. i am literally dying of hunger and cravings right now. so thanks for that. :)

also literally cannot wait for hunger games!!!

xo

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs