Sunday, March 18, 2012

Holy Cupcake Batman!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was filled with lots of shamrocks and rainbows! Ha.  As I mentioned on Friday, Kelly's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day (hence the name Kelly, as in kelly green).  He also has reddish hair which is ironic...but we'll save all that for another time.  Anyways, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, my shamrock boyfriend. 

I bought him these delicious cupcakes from Gigi's Cupcakes!  (You know I LOVE cupcakes!) Gigi's has different flavors every day, and on Saturday they had a wedding cake flavor that was decorated for St. Patrick's Day!  Perfect!!!  They were HUGE (I won't tell you how many calories they have), but they were delish! 



To celebrate the boy's birthday, we went out to a local sports bar with a bunch of our friends!  While we were there, we got to watch IU and Lousiville pull off big wins in the tournament , but we had to watch UK win (booooo). 

Ok.  Get prepared for picture overload.  Ready?
Heregoes.

This picture pretty much sums up all pictures that we try to take together.  Me, smiling, and Kelly, not paying attention at all (or at least pretending not to).


Much better on the second try.


To celebrate St. Patty's day, we had a round of Irish Car Bombs.


Or two.


Or three.  That was all I swear!  (at least for me) ;-)


My parents stopped by to say hello!  That's my mom and my dad who also wasn't paying attention.  (They say a girl always falls for a guy like her dad haha)


And my sister came!  Yay!  She goes to school in Indy so I always get excited to spend time with her!

Sunday afternoon we went up to Kelly's grandparents to celebrate his birthday with his family.  His grandma made him this funny cake....


There is a home video of Kelly on his second or third birthday where he got a Playskool car like the one on the cake.  He was riding it around in the yard, (which didn't have very much grass) and he kept saying "Need more grass.  Need more grass."  He was such a cute kid. Haha


Getting ready to blow out the candles!  (In case you were wondering, I bought him some new shirts for his birthday haha)


Blow!


Rest!


Blow!


Rest!


Blow!  He finally got them all!

Such a fun weekend!  Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

vicky1970 said...

Hi Elyse - looks like fun on St. Paddy's Day. Thanks for the encouragement...I think I'm going to have to dig a little deeper and work on these TPT things over the summer when I have a lot more time...it's fun learning though. You'll do great I'm sure. :o)
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Great pics x

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs