Friday, March 30, 2012

Hey Margarita!

Good morning friends!  Yesterday, we drove by Universal Studios and dreamed about all the fun being had inside the those fences.  NOT!  I cannot imagine the crowds during this time of year, and I am so glad that we decided to just hang out and not go to any parks!  It seems nightmare-ish to me!


There's a rollercoaster!

We went to a Mexican restaurant called Agave Azul.  Loved it!  The food was of the modern mexican variety, not your typical enchilada.  The decor made me feel like I was in a nightclub!



My mom ordered this GIANT burrito, and no she didn't eat it all.  We actually just ate the leftovers for breakfast! Haha.  I ordered chiles rellenos that were stuffed with tomatoes and goat cheese.  They were drizzled with some chipotle aioli and a balsamic reduction and served with toasted bread to spread it on.  See what I mean by modern?  I don't think I have ever been to a Mexican Restaurant that had a balsamic drizzle! I should have taken a pic of mine! 

That was our waitress.  I think she thought I was trying to take a picture of her, when really I was trying to take a picture of the Mariachi band, and she got in the way... OOPS!

I don't know that I have ever seen a Mariachi band in real life.  At first they were annoying because you couldn't hear each other talk, but after a pitcher (or two) of margaritas, they were pretty fun!

Love the pants!

They even took requests!  My Dad requested Oye Como Va by Santana, which got the whole place moving!  Then someone else requested The Macarena, which of course we got up and did with them.  That place was lucky to have us last night!

 My new friend! I am making lots of new friends on this trip!  He almost hit me in the head with his violin sticky thing (Oh a bow! That's what it's called) when I went up to take a picture with him.  




How do you guys feel about Mariachi Bands?

Hasta Luego!  Adios!  Until tomorrow (in Spanish)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs