Saturday, August 11, 2012

Teacher's Fashion Linky


I just went back to school clothes shopping with my momma and sister so I feel like this is the perfect linky party for me!  I'm linking up with Jess @ From Blood to Books for A Teacher's Fasion Linky!

4

1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".

Currently most of my teaching attire comes from:

and


but I also like to shop at:


and

but  less not so much teaching clothes at Forever 21.

My most recent shopping trip was at Banana Republic.  We have an outlet here and they always have the BEST sales! 

Here's what I bought (or should I say my mom bought as a back to school gift):

Scratch that.  I couldn't find any of the pictures online.  I guess because it's an outlet?  I thought about trying them on and taking pictures, but let's face it, my hair is a mess from my run earlier and I'm sunburnt.  Not flattering.  I'll just have to leave you wondering.

2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
 
I always wear my diamond earrings (I love my boyfriend) in my second holes and in my left, upper ear, as well as some kind of big earrings in my first holes.  Whatever matches what I'm wearing.  Sometimes I wear a chunky necklace, but never a chunky necklace and big earrings together.  TOO MUCH for me. I love my necklace from Stella and Dot!  I wear it A LOT.  Some people think it is deer antlers, but it is definitely NOT!  It's coral.   
 
 
 I also usually wear a chunky watch.  Sometimes for fashion purposes, sometimes because I need to know what time it is when there is no clock around (AKA recess).
 
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
 
Usually flats or flat sandals.  I occasionally wear heels, but every time I do the kids (and other teachers) are like WHOA you are tall.  Because heels make me about 6'5".  I'm not trying to cause a scene.  I just want to go about my business.  I get a lot of my flats at Burlington Coat Factory, which is a really random store, but their flats are like $10.00 or less.  I am really hard on my shoes, so they don't last long, so I don't spend much on them!!!
 
I also like my Dr. Seuss Converse shoes. 
 
 

But I obviously don't wear those every day...or any days except for during Dr. Seuss week.  But I do love 'em!
 
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
 
I have a plain black cardigan from Express that I wear ALL the time in the winter.  I just switch it up with different pants and shirts.  I promise I don't wear the same outfits all the time.  That is one of my biggest pet peeves!  I am definitely one of those teachers that feels incomplete without a cardigan of some sort though.
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse).
 
HA!  Well.....I have two of the same kind of bras from Victoria's Secret.  They are the kind that have the detachable straps so that they can be made strapless too.  Well I bought two new ones in the spring and I was having a really hard time keeping the straps attached, one side or the other would always come undone.  Then one day I came home and one straps was completely missing.  Came out of my shirt entirely.  Oh well.  SO I wore that bra with only one strap.  Then I noticed that that strap went missing when I changed my clothes after school one day.  Then I lost a strap to the other bra while at school again.  Aaaand you guessed I noticed the very last strap was missing after changing my clothes when I got home from school.  SOOO somewhere in my building are four bra straps that belong to me.  Needless to say, I won't be buying those types of bras again! 
 
Sorry for the lack of pictures if this post...I was striking out on all of these websites!
 
Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks so much for linking up!! I love all of your fashion ideas and can relate to your bra fiasco! I also have a time with the bras with removable straps... one time I was at work and one of the straps was hanging through the bottom of my sleeve... never buying those again!

Jess
From Blood to Books!

Anonymous said...

You really have awesome ideas about fashion that can help a lot!thanks for sharing this post! Black Crystal Bra Straps

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs