Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fall Bucket List Finale

Even though Fall is not technically over, let's face it, Fall is over.  No one wants to give Fall another thought until next year.  It's all about Christmas now!  I need to finish up my Fall Bucket List, so I can start my Holiday Bucket List!  I didn't get to mark everything off but I was really close!

Elyse's Fall Bucket List 2012
1. Go on a nature walk (take the camera!)
2. Bake apple dumplings.
3. Eat caramel apples.
4. Bake yummy pies.
5. Drink hot chocolate.
6. Go to a football game.
7. Go to a soccer game. (My family is definitely a soccer family)
8. Make chocolate chip pumpkin bread.
9. Paint and decorate pumpkins.
10. Have a bonfire with s'mores.
11. Go to the Fall Festival. (That's a big one here).
12. Have friends over for chili.
13. Drink apple cider. Maybe spiked? Hehe
14. Try a new fall recipe from Pinterest.
15. Make a fall wreath.
16. Wear a fall scarf.
17. Get out and wear fall boots.
18. Count my blessings and give thanks.



4. Bake yummy pies.
 
Thanksgiving was the perfect opportunity to take advantage of this one.  We always have pecan pie and pumpkin pie.  I had a hand in making the pumpkin pie, which turned out like this:
 
 
Fail much?????

I tried to get fancy and braid the crust on the top.  Then while baking, part of it fell in.  I also added some decorative crust leaves in the middle, which were added before it was firm enough, so they started to sink.  Try not to be too jealous of my baking skills.  It was tasty though!

12. Have friends over for chili.

Although we didn't have chili, we did have friends over a few times.  I made little snacky foods instead of chili.  Forgot to take pictures though. :-/

13. Drink apple cider. Maybe spiked?

Check!  And check with the spiked also!  I have a feeling this is something that will carry over onto the Holiday Bucket List because it is so yummy!

16. Wear a fall scarf.
17. Get out and wear fall boots.

Check!  Check!  I have been doing both practically every day, but I am not a big fan of taking pictures of myself in the mirror, and I can't find any other pictures that show my feet, so you will just have to use your imagination!  Here's my favorite fall scarf:


It's very fall-y. 

And last but definitely not least:

18. Count my blessings and give thanks.

I have so much to be thankful for this year.  My awesome family, my amazing boyfriend, my friends, co-workers, students, my job, my family's new dog, my new car (which I have been paying for myself since I bought! I know, I'm growing up.), my cozy apartment (whose days are numbered)...I could go on and on.  God is so good to me!

Here are the things that I didn't get a chance to do this fall season:

6. Go to a football game.
7. Go to a soccer game.
10. Have a bonfire with s'mores.

I missed high school football season...and soccer season.  It went by so fast!

And I live in an apartment, so it's kind of hard to have a bonfire in your backyard.  My backyard is an interstate.  So that one was out of my control!
 
Stay tuned for the Holiday Bucket List!

1 comments:

Jen R said...

Needs to make a Christmas bummer list!!
You are too cute!

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs