Monday, September 16, 2013

Hello Monday. Go back to where you came from.

I'm back to blogging today with Jenni @ Story of My Life!  Thursday night my cold was kicking my  butt, and I forgot to set my alarm.  I overslept on Friday morning.  BIG TIME.  My alarm usually goes off at 4:00 giving my plenty of time to blog, drink coffee, get ready, etc.  When I woke up and it was light outside, I knew something wasn't right.  It was 6:24 and I wanted to leave at 6:15 that day.  Well that didn't happen.  I wasn't late for school, I got there with 10 minutes to spare, but it definitely was not how I wanted to start my day. 

Then on Wednesday of last week, I noticed I had some dry bumps on my sides, right where I put my hands on my hips.  They were itchy and kept getting redder and redder, until the spots all morphed into one big splotch of red.  What's weird about it is that they are in the exact same spot on both sides.  I could not figure out what it was.  I hadn't been anywhere to get poison ivy...I've never even had poison ivy!  I can now scratch that off my bucket list.  The rash then popped up under my arm, on the back of my knee, my inner thighs, and the top of my foot.  Then I remembered the camping trip from hell.   DUH!  I peed in the woods.  Always pee in the water Elyse.  Always. 

So now, in addition to trying to get over a cold and having no voice (I forgot to mention that part.  My voice is more of a high pitched squeal with a side of frog.), I am now itching all over.  I thought about calling in sick, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Ok anyways I skipped Blogtember on Friday.  So here it is.



Friday, September 13: A self portrait

Hmmm... Which over-used selfie should I use?







All of them is the answer to that question. 

Now for today's topic:

Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for putting up with my crazy.  Despite my constant complaining about my poison ivy in my high pitched squeal, you still wanted to spend the whole weekend with me.  I always forget how nice it is to forget about everything that I need to get done at school and at home and just sit on the couch watching Criminal Minds with you.  I am especially thankful for all your help in cleaning the house this weekend.  You are always there to make me laugh and cheer me up even when I just want to be grumpy.  Despite how busy we get, we have a pretty good life, amazing actually, and it wouldn't be the same without you!

Love,
Elyse


There.  Now you have your daily dose of mush.  Let's get this Monday over with!
 

2 comments:

Elle Hattan said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your poison ivy! I don't know about you but this past week seemed SO MUCH HARDER than the first 3 weeks of school! Hopefully this week is smoother!

Holly said...

I'm so sorry you picked up poison ivy! I usually have to get cortisone shots to get rid of it I'm so sensitive to it. I really hope it's started to or already gone away by now!

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs