Monday, September 30, 2013

Last day of Blogtember!

It's the last day of Blogtember!  So sad!  On the bright side, tomorrow is October first, which is a cause for celebration all on its own!
 
 
Monday, September 30: Share a photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.
 
My grandma LOVED jewelry.  When she passed away last November, my mom, sister, and I inherited all of her jewelry.  It's nothing too expensive, or fancy, she was a frequent shopper of QVC, but there is so much of it!  These are the pieces that I have in my jewelry box.  My favorite ones are the flower ring, the golden nugget pendant (which is from a ring she melted down a long time ago), and the silver pendant with the turquoise and black center.  I wear those all the time.  The others....well I am still waiting for the perfect outfit for those.
 
 
My sister inherited her spoon ring made from her baby spoon.
 
 
She actually took some of her old clip-on earrings and brooches and made this wall-art for my mom.   Talented little thing she is.  I am in LOVE with it.
 
 
 
It just so happens that my grandma's 82nd birthday would be tomorrow.  I think about her and miss her everyday, but I know she's in a better place, hanging out with my grandpa, eating fried chicken and sipping Frostys, watching over us from heaven. 
 
 
 Love you grandma!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs