Friday, September 6, 2013

Knock, knock

 I am so glad it's Friday.  For a short week, this has been the seemingly longest week ever.  My projector stopped working at school, if you have a Promethean Board you know what a nightmare this can be.  Then I had a maintenance man come to hang a clothesline line in my room right when I was teaching a lesson.  That's not a distraction or anything.  I wonder if he realizes how loud his drill is?  P.S. I put the work order in for this clothesline IN MAY. 

Anyways, at least it is actually Friday, and I get to spend my weekend doing a much needed nothing.  I want to lay on the couch and eat popcorn with my wine in my yoga pants and my top knot.

Okay now for the actual reason for this post.

 
Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid.
 
I am drawing a blank on this one.  Knock on wood (knock, knock), I have never had anything truly bad happen to me or my family where I actually felt scared.  Moving on, I don't even want to think of that. 
 
I used to be deathly afraid of storms, so I'll go with that.  Like I got nervous if it was cloudy outside.  No, I take that back.  I got nervous if there was A cloud in the sky. 
 
Severe Thunderstorm Warning?  You better believe I was glued to the TV, watching the weatherman's every move.
 
Tornado Warning?  Forget it.  I was covered up with pillows and blankets in the bathroom with my radio, my canned goods, and my bottles of water...preparing for the worst.  It wasn't really THAT bad I just remember being completely anxiety-ridden and thinking about it ALL the time. 
 
OH!  I thought of a time!
 
In 4th grade at the end of the school day (this year was the height of my fear) there was a tornado warning.  As if my teacher didn't have enough to worry about at the time, now she has me crying so much that I couldn't breathe.  I demanded that she call my mom, like my mom was going to drive through the tornado to come and get me?  Not so much.  Sorry Mrs. Buehner!  We all survived, in case you were wondering.
 
I think if a kid was like that today, they would immediately be put on anxiety medicine.  Every once in a while, I still get a little nervous when there is a bad storm, but it's NOTHING like it used to be. 
 
What are you afraid of?
 
Link up with Jenni!

2 comments:

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Yay for yoga pants and wine!

Happy Friday :)

Holly said...

I'm terrified of fish. When I was about 7 or so, a friend threw a dead fish at me at the lake and it went down my swimsuit...I have had a fear ever since. Crazy, I know, but true!

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs