Wednesday, May 22, 2013

BEDIM {Day 22}


Day 22, Wednesday: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)
 
Ohhh where should I even begin????
 
People who are rude in restaurants?
 
People who complain but don't ever take any action towards their complaints?
 
People who are high-drama all the time?
 
People who don't do their jobs?
 
People who act like martyrs for doing their jobs?
 
People who blame the teachers for the bad grades instead of the students?
 
I could go so many different directions with this one!
 
But I think the thing that bothers me the most is.....
 
People who don't take care of their kids.
 
I see it every day at school.  Kids who come to school dirty with clothes that don't, shoes that are too small.  Hungry.  No homework done.  They are basically on their own, and have not even been taught simple things like brushing their teeth or their hair. 
 
Some of these families are doing the best that they can under the circumstances, but are you really doing the best you can for your kids if you smoke five packs a day, drink like a fish, and have an iPhone...all when your kids have no food to eat?
 
And then I hear about people on the news, kids found in homes where meth is being made, a pregnant women who was arrested for drinking and driving...makes me sick to my stomach. 
 
I guess that is one of the reasons that I became a teacher.  So I can make just a little bit of a positive difference in those kids' lives.  Because when they go home no one pays attention to them.  Because often times they look at their teachers more like parents than their actual parents.
 
That's my rant!
 
Hopefully tomorrow's post won't be so depressing!


1 comments:

Jenn said...

I TOTALLY understand your biggest rant. I see it all too frequently working in the school system, too. It's downright awful. And there's only so much you can do as a teacher since we only have them for 6 hours out of their entire day.

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs