Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BEDIM {Day 29}

Day 29, Wednesday: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories.

I think this is my favorite one so far!



These are in no particular order.
 
1.  We used to listen to this song with my babysitter.  It was apparently her favorite song because we listened to it all the time.  ( I actually teach her kids now which is kind of funny).  Every time I hear this song (which is only when I look it up because I never hear it otherwise) it takes me back to riding in the car with the windows down and days at the pool.
 
 
2.  This song takes me back to freshman year of college.  I discovered this song while watching The O.C. (you know the episode where Marissa accidently shoots Ryan's brother...y'all know what I am talking about right?).  Well when I came to college, one of the girls down the hall from me, Emily (who is now one of my very best friends), somehow knew this song too, and it bonded our friendship forever.  We still sing it at the top of our lungs every time we are together!
 
 
Oh and thanks to Jason Derulo for completely ruining this song.  It will never be quite the same after that.

3.  This is also an Elyse and Emily song.  We made it our goal to memorize the T.I. rap part.  Then one night we were at a party, playing flippy cup, and this song came on.  All eyes were on us as we song the whole song at the top of our lungs.  Cool kids we were.... 
 
 
4.  Jumping back into high-school...I used to go to Young Life meetings and we would always sing songs at the end of the meeting.   Sounds stupid but it was fun!  This was one of the songs that we always sang...It's actually the theme song from Shrek 2.
 
Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows on Grooveshark

5.  Back to college...This song was popular when I first became friends with Kelly.  He knew every word to this song, especially the Lil' Wayne part.  This is strange looking back because he never sings songs in the car now... in fact I think this is the only song I have ever heard him sing.   Must have been trying to impress me.  ;-)
 
 
There you have it...my nostalgic trip back to the times where homework was my biggest problem.

Oh and I can't forget this song.  Bonus Track!  This one just makes me smile.  I could listen to it 1,000 times (and probably have) and it never gets old.  When we go to our yearly Dave Matthews concert, this is the song I use to measure whether it was a good concert or not.  If it is played, it's a good one.
 
 
See you tomorrow, only two days left of this link up!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You have some great songs! I love anything JT and the Shrek song is so cute!

Sarah said...

Tom's Diner...I remember hearing that on the radio when I was young and it was first out and thinking it was the oddest song. But it's one that has a lot of memories attached too

The Lady Okie said...

I used to watch the OC in college. A friend of mine and I would use a period between classes to put on an episode and chill in her room. Good times. Love that Imogen Heap song!

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs