Thursday, May 9, 2013

Oops...missed a day.

Yesterday was busy, and I missed my fav link-up and Day 8 of the Blog Every Day in May challenge.  Please forgive me.

Day 8:  A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

Everything happens for a reason. 

Nothing proved this to me more than when I had to change schools this semester. 

Although this art teaching position was a better job, I had to leave the school that I had fell in love with.  My friends.  My students.  I was happy, but deep down I was devastated. 

Now that I am at my new school, I realize why God chose that path for me. 

1.  I absolutely love it.

2.  The principal of my old school is switching schools next year, and if I wouldn't have left, I would be starting all over, trying to get hired by a principal that doesn't know me. 

I realize now that the school I am at now is MY school, and it is where I belong. 

 
Day 9:  A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words)

 This was yesterday.  I needed an easy and fast project that my first graders could do before the end of the school year.  (There are only about 3-4 art classes left for each class.)
 
 
This is what I came up with:
 
 
"Yay for summer" hats.
 
 
The teacher before left a TON of pre-cut strips of construction paper.  I thought this would be a fun way to use it!
 
See ya tomorrow for Day 10!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Im a HUGE fan of your quote--Im a big believer!

I LOL'ed at your hat! Well done :)

The Schellers said...

I like that advice too! Every step is a part of God's plan for us! : ) The hat is wonderful!

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs