Thursday, May 30, 2013

BEDIM {Day 30}

Day 30, Thursday: React to this term: Letting Go
 

 
These are two words that I struggle with every day.
 
"Letting go."
 
I feel like I am in a constant state of stress.  Stressed about getting all of my work done at school.  Stressed about housework.  Stressed about yard work.  Stressed about not getting to do what I want to do, like lay out, garden, cook, exercise, go on dates, spend time with family, take trips, drink wine...the list goes on and on. 
 
I don't even know "real" stress.   I have good health, a great family, great boyfriend, a job, a house to live in.  These are all things that people stress about everyday, and I don't have to worry about any of that. 
 
But I sit hear freaking out because there is this vine-y sh** growing in our landscaping, and I want it gone but haven't had time to get rid of it. 
 
I sit here worrying that I bought an avocado Sunday, and now it's going bad, and I haven't had time to make anything with it.
 
Really?????
 
I struggle with "letting go" of all the little things that don't really matter in life.
 
I have made it my goal this summer, just to enjoy the summer and spend time doing things that I love with the people that I love. 
 
I am 25 and the times are coming when I will no longer be able to take trips all the time and do what I want because I'll be married and have kids.  So really who cares if I have to take off from the salon every other Saturday so that I can go on trips???
 
Not this girl.
 
I am "letting go" and worrying about what really matters. 
 
I feel a summer bucket list coming on...
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I have exactly the same thing. I stress about everything, but really don't have important things to worry about. Letting go of that is hardd..

xxSusanne

Unknown said...

I used to be this way. It took a lot of heart work to not worry as much, but once you're able to let go it's the most awesome feeling in the world.

Mel
http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

Aleshea said...

Girl, I feel ya. I was talking to my best friend last night. I asked her what was her reaction when she heard this prompt. (I was having a hard time knowing what to write)and she goes, "don't ask me I haven't the meaning of that phrase yet"

In short I think it is all something we could learn to work on.

Post a Comment

 
Content My Life with a Cherry on Top | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs